It is the community centre of the district, aimed at citizens’ social and cultural promotion, along with social participation of groups and associations.
The Albayzín Community Centre allows citizens, associations and collectives to use different halls free of charge for a regular use during a year or for occasional events. Activities and workshops are programmed throughout the year. These activities change every season, depending on the demand and the vacancies available.
The activities held in this centre can be organized either by the City Council of Granada or by the different public or private associations or institutions that collaborate with the Community Centre.
This Centre is in the middle of the district, in Plaza Aliatar. The halls of this Centre are:
- Assembly hall with 125 seats available.
- Halls for physical activity:
- Gym: 68.63 m2 (30 people). There are a cork floor, mirrors and pull up bars. Air-conditioned hall. There is also a locker room.
- Soundproof room: 25 m2 (15 people). Open-plan with wooden floor. There are mirrors on the walls. Air-conditioned hall.
- Halls for meetings and activities:
- Multipurpose hall for meetings and exhibitions: 73.98 m2 (50 people). The rails for hanging artworks, illumination system. There are chairs and a conference table. Air-conditioned hall.
- Hall 12: 23 m2 (15 people). There are chairs and tables.
- Hall 9: 10 m2 (5 people). There are chairs and tables.
- Exhibition area.